Some of our key sponsors are:
|The Sherlock Charitable Trust|
We aim to expand our list of supporters by encouraging firms that have a connection with bookbinding to add their support in one of two ways:
- Sponsorship– Sponsor an aspect of the charity (such as tuition) by providing the funds necessary to run it. It costs us £1000 to run an accredited five-day training course. Why not sponsor one or more courses, or sponsor a particular WIS member, or contribute to a specific item of workshop equipment?
- Donations– An ever-expanding number of individuals and organisations are joining as Friends of the charity in order to make donations that help us run the training workshop at Woodborough. Any sum, both large and small will help directly in the care and rehabilitation of Veterans, and enable them to build their confidence and self-esteem right here in the Barn or as they progress to other employment.
- £15 buys the materials to run a Level 1 Introduction session for 4 Veterans.
- £150 buys bench-top finishing press (one per WIS student required)
- £1,500 buys a suitable second-hand standing press (one required for the training workshop)
- £15,000 buys a vertical blocking press and typeset (one required for Intermediate Courses and follow-on skills training)
Details of how you can become a Friend and help this very worthy cause through either of the above schemes will be posted soon on the Get Involved page.